Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Conclusion.

As the year is coming to an end, I direct my attention to my Honors English blog. Before this post, I have accumulated 23 posts. Each and every one is written with a master's ability of knowledge and outstanding wording. But I did notice a slight change between every post. There is a pattern where I found that my wording became more clear, which most likely came from the many essays we had to meticulously and creatively write. Even if I didn't notice that I learned anything, my gain in thought and knowledge gained week by week and had been continuously shown in my blogs. And after reading my later works, I realized that Honors English has really improved my writing.

I knew that when I came into this class, that it will be different than any other class that I have had before. And that was proven when we started with blog assignments. My first blog that I ever posted was the first blog I ever posted for Honors English class. It was about reading, and I have to say that is is pretty crummy. But as the year went on and as the blogs got created, I got to be a pretty creative writer. I found that week by week, the blogs became easier and easier to write, and that the sounded better each and every time.

As I read over the past blogs, the memories of writing them flow back into my head. I remember all of the thought that went into my writing to make it sound original. I wanted to have my blogs radiate my personality as someone read them. But there are a few that I know are bad, shallow and are unoriginal. Those were times when I wanted sleep more than good earned credit.

Writing can only be as the the person who writes it, and when I didn't try I got lower scores. I learned from those mistakes and went on, and persevered. My Dad tells me a lot, "There's no free lunch." And when I didn't get all the points I wanted some of these blogs, I didn't complain, I went on, hoping that I will try harder when the next week came along. I saw that if I didn't try, I got exactly what I thought I would, and some of my blogs were a perfect example of not being 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment